History of the IRM brand
- 1992: Creation of IRM (Idéale Résidence Mobile) by Jean Tessier, importer of English mobile homes. At this time, no mobile homes were manufactured in France. 200 mobile homes were built within the year.
- 1996: Opening of a second factory in Luçon (Vendée)
- 1998: Opening of the third factory in Beaucaire (Gard)
- 2002: Opening of the fourth factory in Lesquin (Nord)
- 2007: IRM joins the BENETEAU Group, world leader in sailboats.
- 2011: Marketing of the 100,000th IRM mobile home
- 2012: Opening of the 5th factory in Bologna (Italian)
- 2015: Jean Tessier, who founded the IRM back in 1992, passes away at the age of 82.
- 2016: Launch of the 4-bedroom mobile home model, Smala
- 2017: Launch of the Easy Clean washroom
- 2019: Launch of the AQUA concept (2 washrooms)
8 factories in France and abroad
The IRM headquarters is located in La Chaize le Vicomte in Vendée (85). IRM belongs to the BENETEAU group and enjoys an eight-fold production capacity.